Germany’s biggest wind farm connected to the grid
Germany’s biggest wind farm has been fully connected to the grid since midday.
The Hohe See offshore wind farm has already been in operation since October 2019. Now its smaller neighbour Albatros is also producing electricity.
The full complement of 87 wind turbines have a total output of 609 megawatts, meaning that they can generate as much energy as a modern gas-fired power plant. That is enough to supply all households in Munich with green energy.
EnBW finished construction of the two wind farms as planned in September 2019. Canadian energy infrastructure company Enbridge Inc. has a 49.9 percent stake in both wind farms, with EnBW owning the remaining 50.1 percent.